A group of industry representatives — including Insurance Europe — has published a statement calling for a clear, unequivocal and immediately applicable EU Repair Clause to create a right to accessible and affordable repairs.
While the signatories appreciate the EC’s proposals for the revision of the EU Design Directive and the EU Design Regulation — especially the introduction of an EU-wide Repair Clause in the Design Directive — some targeted improvements are still required for this right to repair to become a reality.
The signatories are:
- AIRC — the global federation of leading national organisations in the area of repairing damaged vehicles, and building vehicles for commercial use.
- CLEPA — the European association of automotive suppliers.
- ECAR — the European Campaign for the Freedom of the Automotive Parts and Repair Market.
- FIGIEFA — the international federation of independent automotive aftermarket distributors.
- Insurance Europe — the European insurance and reinsurance federation.
- SMEunited — the association of crafts and SMEs in Europe with around 70 member organisations from over 30 European countries.